Francisco Castro is considered one of the best watercolorists internationally. His work technique is simple, direct and synthetic, ideas that are perfectly transmitted through his clear and concrete teachings. In this course, the Spanish author will show his working method that leads him to create works of great visual impact, where forms come to life through simple strokes, and the atmosphere becomes a leading element. P>
Francisco Castro will carry out two complete exercises, from beginning to end, starting in one of the cases with previous notes and a pencil drawing on the final paper.
We will can work in a large format and we will learn to face a large-scale work. Sometimes it is dizzying to start a large work and with Francisco we will see how simple it can be. We will solve and give our watercolor the definition and freshness we are looking for. Having learned the technique, we will can apply it to both medium and small formats if we wish.
If you already have experience in the watercolor technique, you will undoubtedly find a lot of tips, techniques and tricks that you can incorporate into your works. For those who have just started or are planning to do so, the course incorporates all the necessary information that will help you take a great leap in quality in your work.
Through 9 videos of 3 and a half hours we will see:
- Materials, brushes, stirrers, supports for mixing and other utensils.
- Large format support. Preparation. Minor format differences.
- Sketches and preliminary notes and their importance for the final composition.
- Color palettes, transparent and opaque colors. “Paper lights”.
- Two large-format examples made from start to finish whose motifs are a garden and a snowy landscape.